Return from Blog

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Soca gave me my black belt on Dec 6th!!!!

My teacher Soca gave me my black belt today. It has been a long journey and I have finally arrived. I've been training Brazilian Jiu-jitsu for over 8 years. To me, obtaining a black belt brings the art to full circle. I will continue to train just as hard as I have been and will strive to the top. Thank you to all my training partners and teachers, especially Soca for believing in me! I only hope to make you all proud next week and bring home victory! I will keep this fire in me burning. My time is now!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on earning your black belt, you have certainly worked hard for it.
And good luck on Saturday night, I am sure the win will be yours.
Uncle
Fred

kArEnEiL said...

congratulations phillipe! good luck on your fight this saturday (sunday in the philippines)! make the Filipinos proud... beat ephraim the way pacman dominated dela hoya! :)

Texas Martial Arts said...

Congratulations

Fuchs said...

Hey Nover, congratulations! I'm a brazilian fan of MMA and I will be watching your victory over Efrain this week! Do your best! Good Luck man, and run to the top!

Unknown said...

Congrats bro! Just got my blue belt... Obviously quite different but well done and good luck!!

Unknown said...

Congrats, I'm sure there are few accomplishments in life that will bring you the joy of obtaining your black belt in BJJ. I could only imagine. BTW nice Kimura! That happens to be my favorite submission and it's nice to see it pulled off for once in an MMA match.

Vippes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jedi said...

Best of luck Phillipe! I know you will go on to do great things. Be ferocious but calculated. You'll get a title shot in 2 years.

Jed.